Flock is a cross platform web browser built on Mozilla’s Firefox codebase. It is well known for its ‘web 2.0′ fatures, seamlessly integrating social media and networking services such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Blogger, etc.
Its main features include the following:
* “My World” – a custom homepage that tells you when your friends have new updates, photos and videos and when you have new feeds. My World also gives quick access to your recently visited favorite sites.
* Bookmarks (favourites) are saved offline as with all browsers but they can also be replaced by del.icio.us or ma.gnolia. They are taggable and can be accessed via the faviourites manager.
* Built-in full-text search using Clucene. Search as you type for pages in the cache
* Technorati tagging
* Blog Editor with WYSIWYG mode and offline writing capability that can post to Blogger, Blogsome, Xanga, LiveJournal, Typepad, WordPress and some Self-Hosted blogs.
* News aggregator
* “Drag-and-drop” capability and a clipboard like feature known as the “Web Clipboard.”
* Media Mini Bar, allows you to search, stream, view, share and subscribe to content off of YouTube, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa Web Albums, Facebook and Truveo.
* Built in Photo Uploader, to submit content to Flickr, Facebook, Picasa Web Albums and Photobucket
* Webmail feature that integrates with Yahoo! Mail and Gmail. Icon glows when you have new messages, dropdown menu shows you what’s new, and mailto: links are sent to your chosen webmail account.
No reviews yet.
Open Source Living is a dynamic archive of Open Source software (OSS) spanning all major platforms, inclusive of small to large scale projects. It aims to introduce and inform new users about viable OSS alternatives to corporate, closed source software.
OS Living adheres to the Open Source Initiative's definition of OSS. Each software item included in the archive endeavours to conform to OSI guidelines on standards and licensing. Find out more »
Working on a top OSS project? Found something that could benefit others? Send us all the details via our user-friendly submission form and we'll consider it for inclusion in the Archive. Submit »
If you are looking to trade binary options with SpotOption software, make sure to check out this broker review first.
If you find the Open Source Living project a valuable resource and would like to help towards maintaining the site, we welcome donations through Paypal™. Donate »