Vienna is a freeware, open source RSS/Atom newsreader for the Mac OS X operating system. It provides features comparable to commercial newsreaders, but both it and the source code are freely available for download.
Below are some of its key features:
* Subscribe to Atom/RSS news feeds and podcasts.
* Simple and intuitive user interface with customisable toolbar.
* Built-in tabbed browser.
* Global search of all retrieved articles.
* Automatic detection of newsfeeds on web pages.
* Smart folders for organising related feed articles.
* Custom article display styles.
* Three separate reading layouts.
* Blogging integration.
* Support for downloading enclosures in articles
* Filter the displayed articles.
* Manual reordering of the subscription list.
* Full AppleScript support.
* Localised into several languages.
No reviews yet.
Open Source Living is a dynamic archive of Open Source software (OSS) spanning all major platforms, inclusive of small to large scale projects. It aims to introduce and inform new users about viable OSS alternatives to corporate, closed source software.
OS Living adheres to the Open Source Initiative's definition of OSS. Each software item included in the archive endeavours to conform to OSI guidelines on standards and licensing. Find out more »
Working on a top OSS project? Found something that could benefit others? Send us all the details via our user-friendly submission form and we'll consider it for inclusion in the Archive. Submit »
If you are looking to trade binary options with SpotOption software, make sure to check out this broker review first.
If you find the Open Source Living project a valuable resource and would like to help towards maintaining the site, we welcome donations through Paypal™. Donate »