NVU is a Web Authoring System for Linux, Windows and Mac that rivals programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu (which stands for “new view”) allows you to manage and create web pages with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.
Nvu was started from the Mozilla Composer code base. The Mozilla Internet suite is in the process of being broken up into individual pieces (browser, email, etc.). Nvu will pick up where Composer left off, adding additional features, functionality and ease of use.
Its main features include the following:
- WYSIWYG editing of pages, making web creation as easy as typing a letter with your word processor.
- Integrated file management via FTP. Simply login to your web site and navigate through your files, editing web pages on the fly, directly from your site.
- Reliable HTML code creation that will work with all of today’s most popular browsers.
- Jump between WYSIWYG Editing Mode and HTML using tabs.
- Tabbed editing to make working on multiple pages a snap.
- Powerful support for forms, tables, and templates.
Open Source Living is a dynamic archive of Open Source software (OSS) spanning all major platforms, inclusive of small to large scale projects. It aims to introduce and inform new users about viable OSS alternatives to corporate, closed source software.
OS Living adheres to the Open Source Initiative's definition of OSS. Each software item included in the archive endeavours to conform to OSI guidelines on standards and licensing. Find out more »
Working on a top OSS project? Found something that could benefit others? Send us all the details via our user-friendly submission form and we'll consider it for inclusion in the Archive. Submit »
If you are looking to trade binary options with SpotOption software, make sure to check out this broker review first.
If you find the Open Source Living project a valuable resource and would like to help towards maintaining the site, we welcome donations through Paypal™. Donate »