OpenShot Video Editor is an open-source, non-linear video editor for Linux, built with Python, GTK, and the MLT Framework.
Key features include:
- Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg)
- Gnome integration (drag and drop support)
- Clip resizing, trimming, snapping, and cutting
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- Compositing, image overlays, watermarks
- Title templates, title creation
- SVG friendly, to create and include titles and credits
- Scrolling motion picture credits
- Solid color clips (including alpha compositing)
- Support for Rotoscoping / Image sequences
- Drag and drop timeline
- Frame stepping, key-mappings: J,K, and L keys
- Video encoding (based on FFmpeg)
- Key Frame animation
- Digital zooming of video clips
- Speed changes on clips (slow motion etc.)
- Custom transition lumas and masks
- Re-sizing of clips (frame size)
- Audio mixing and editing
- Presets for key frame animations and layout
- Ken Burns effect (making video by panning over an image)
- Digital video effects, including brightness, gamma, hue, – greyscale, chroma key (bluescreen / greenscreen), and over 20 other video effects
No reviews yet.
Open Source Living is a dynamic archive of Open Source software (OSS) spanning all major platforms, inclusive of small to large scale projects. It aims to introduce and inform new users about viable OSS alternatives to corporate, closed source software.
OS Living adheres to the Open Source Initiative's definition of OSS. Each software item included in the archive endeavours to conform to OSI guidelines on standards and licensing. Find out more »
Working on a top OSS project? Found something that could benefit others? Send us all the details via our user-friendly submission form and we'll consider it for inclusion in the Archive. Submit »
If you are looking to trade binary options with SpotOption software, make sure to check out this broker review first.
If you find the Open Source Living project a valuable resource and would like to help towards maintaining the site, we welcome donations through Paypal™. Donate »