Spring is a project aiming to create a new and versatile RTS Engine. Features include the following:
* Large battles limited only by the power of your computer; support for up to 5000 units.
* Large, highly detailed maps in which to wage those battles, fully 3D with deformable terrain, forest fires, dynamic and reflective water, and custom skyboxes.
* Several camera modes, allowing for anything to be viewed from almost any angle.
* Fully 3D combat in land, sea, and air, with realistic weapon trajectories (physics engine).
* Many different Games, made just for Spring.
* Complex 3rd party AIs, some of which are quite good.
* An extremely powerful GUI, designed to minimize unnecessary micromanagement.
* Frequent additions and bugfixes.
No reviews yet.
Open Source Living is a dynamic archive of Open Source software (OSS) spanning all major platforms, inclusive of small to large scale projects. It aims to introduce and inform new users about viable OSS alternatives to corporate, closed source software.
OS Living adheres to the Open Source Initiative's definition of OSS. Each software item included in the archive endeavours to conform to OSI guidelines on standards and licensing. Find out more »
Working on a top OSS project? Found something that could benefit others? Send us all the details via our user-friendly submission form and we'll consider it for inclusion in the Archive. Submit »
If you are looking to trade binary options with SpotOption software, make sure to check out this broker review first.
If you find the Open Source Living project a valuable resource and would like to help towards maintaining the site, we welcome donations through Paypal™. Donate »