ReservesDirect is free, open-source software that manages electronic and physical library materials reserved for university courses.
Core software features include:
- Free, open-source software built to run on open standards like PHP, MySQL, and Apache.
- Enables both instructors and library staff to manage reserve lists.
- Allows users to upload files, link to online materials, and fax documents directly into the system as PDFs.
- Integrates with the library’s catalog, providing convenient access to all course materials, physical and electronic, in one place.
- Allows instructors to reactivate reserve lists for classes they’ve taught before.
- Can be deployed in single-library or multi-library environments.
- Is “skinnable” for customized look and feel.
- Can be implemented as a completely self-service system where instructors manage all of their own reserves materials, or as a full-service system where library staff manage everything for the instructors, or as a combination of the two.
- Includes other features such as team-teaching support, course cross-listings, item sorting, item annotation, and the ability to export reserve lists to courseware, such as Blackboard.
Try out the demo version of ReservesDirect.
No reviews yet.
Open Source Living is a dynamic archive of Open Source software (OSS) spanning all major platforms, inclusive of small to large scale projects. It aims to introduce and inform new users about viable OSS alternatives to corporate, closed source software.
OS Living adheres to the Open Source Initiative's definition of OSS. Each software item included in the archive endeavours to conform to OSI guidelines on standards and licensing. Find out more »
Working on a top OSS project? Found something that could benefit others? Send us all the details via our user-friendly submission form and we'll consider it for inclusion in the Archive. Submit »
If you are looking to trade binary options with SpotOption software, make sure to check out this broker review first.
If you find the Open Source Living project a valuable resource and would like to help towards maintaining the site, we welcome donations through Paypal™. Donate »